Most companies made huge changes last year and now in 2021, we decided to pivot along with them to be more successful. It is simply the thing you have to do when the entire economy collapses. We saw rules change and some places went full communision. Yes, it sounds a lot like communism just happened and well it did. But this is more about how our company survived the freedom-sucking economy collapsing event. We decided to use our own ingenuity and purchased a bunch of packaging supplies and took all of our own marketing in-house. We decided to instead of pay thousands of dollars for a marketing company to do work that we know cost about half that we would instead do it in-house. This is the cost of bad governance.
We decided that knowing our needs was key and we went to the old calculator. We had to track all the purchases and sales that were made from previous marketing and find out what was actually making us the most money because we have to be fragile and fast in this market. Our goal was to hunt marketing out like a panther and that is what we did. We researched hard on what was landing us our money and pounced on it. Packaging supplies was going to be the key to our success.
For us direct mail was kind and we needed to do it in the house to save more money. There was no point in spending money on anything but this and well emails. It is easy to follow up on the direct mailers with emails in order to give the 1 two punch to make our marketing work. So with this in mind, we had to find a way to make our company capable of doing direct mailers. Most of us are technologically well rounded but we needed some help to learn the basics of direct mail.
Getting the correct fell and look was key and that was a bit hard for us. We wanted to make sure these looked professional because even if we did them cheap if they look cheap they won’t work. Perception really is a reality so we decided to step up our game. We used color copies for our letters and had the look of it to be very professional and branded. Then we had to go ahead and buy a bunch of good-looking letters. Buying letters, paper, and inc for this project was really not the easy thing we thought it would be.
But each item we used we kept a good number on and it helped in the long run. Then we put on a special sauce wax seal to finish off the letters. By the time we finished, we found out that the cost of each one was about 1 dollar when done in mass production. We had to call up big companies and order all of our items in bulk in order to cut down on costs. Going to Amazon was not going to work for costs if we are going to make money doing this. Teamwork was what helped us suceed.
Our whole company split up into teams and really got down to work. All our board members and upper staff pitched in just the same.